INSAS LMG 5.56 mm Light Machine Gun,Foldable Butt,OFB,Indian Armed Forces
INSAS LMG 5.56 mm is a gas operated weapon with rotating bolt locking system which can fire in S.S./Auto system.It is manufactured at Ordnance Factory Tiruchirappalli.It is the Standard issue Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW) of the Indian Army.
ROLE and Safety
The weapon is used for providing covering fire during assault by infantry. It resembles LMG 5.56 INSAS fixed butt in all features except that it has a foldable butt as well as a shorter length barrel to reduce the overall length so that it can be suitable for combat from ICV and can be used by paratroopers.
The System is provided with mechanical & applied safety.
LMG 5.56 mm INSAS(Foldable Butt):Specification/Technical Data
|Wt. w/o Magazine||5.87 kg|
|Wt. w/loaded Magazine||6.37 kg|
|Length Overall||1025 mm|
|Barrel length||500 mm|
|Sight Radius||475 mm|
|Magazine Capacity||30 Rds|
|Fire selection||SS/Auto Rds|
|Rate of fire (cyclic)||650 Rpm|
|Effective range||600 m|
|Muzzle velocity||915 m/s|
|Muzzle energy||1740 J|
|Recoil energy||2.85 J|
- It is Light weight weapon
- Commonality of parts amongst the LMG and Rifle 5.56 mm INSAS
- Weapon is very compact, easy to handle, operate and simple to maintain.
- Weapon robust enough to withstand rough usage.
- Furniture made of Plastic materials.
- Fix Butt version also available.
- Barrel Bore Chrome-plated for high barrel life and ease of maintenance.
- Provided with mount for PNS and Telescope, with daylight telescope & passive night sight.
- Provision for mounting on tripod on armed vehicles for Anti-Air Craft role & Monopod for fixed line firing.
Check out the Shock Wave of INSAS LMG 5.56 mm Light Machine Gun,Foldable Butt,OFB,Indian Armed Forces