INSAS LMG 5.56 mm Light Machine Gun,Fixed Butt,OFB,Indian Armed Forces
INSAS (an abbreviation of Indian Small Arms System) is a family of infantry arms consisting of an assault rifle and a light machine gun (LMG). It is manufactured by the Ordnance Factories Board at Ordnance Factory Tiruchirappalli, Small Arms Factory Kanpur and Ichapore Arsenal.
The INSAS LMG 5.56 mm is a gas operated weapon with rotating bolt locking system which can fire in S.S./Auto system.
It is the standard issue Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW) of the Indian Army. The weapon is used for providing covering fire during assault by infantry.The System is provided with mechanical & applied safety.
- It is Light weight weapon
- Commonality of parts amongst the LMG and Rifle 5.56 mm INSAS
- Weapon is very compact, easy to handle, operate and simple to maintain.
- Weapon robust enough to withstand rough usage.
- Furniture made of Plastic materials.
- Foldable Butt version also available to suit paratroopers.
- Barrel Bore Chrome-plated for high barrel life and ease of maintenance.
- Provided with mount for day light telescope & passive night sight.
- Provision for mounting on tripod on armed vehicles for Anti-Air Craft role & Monopod for fixed line firing.
LMG INSAS 5.56 mm (Fixed Butt):Specifications/Technical Data
|Wt. w/o Magazine||6.23 kg|
|Wt. w/loaded Magazine||6.73 kg|
|Length Overall||1050 mm|
|Barrel length||535 mm|
|Sight Radius||475 mm|
|Magazine Capacity||30 Rds|
|Fire selection||SS/Auto Rds|
|Rate of fire (cyclic)||650 Rpm|
|Effective range||700 m|
|Muzzle velocity||925 m/s|
|Muzzle energy||1780 j|
|Recoil energy||2.75 J|
Check out this firing video of INSAS LMG 5.56 mm Light Machine Gun,Fixed Butt,OFB,Indian Armed Forces